The Government of Nepal has established "Trade and Export Promotion Centre", as a national trade promotion organization of the country. It is a focal trade point established with the objective of promoting export trade.
Its functions are to:
- Advise the Government of Nepal in formulating policies for the development and expansion of trade and export.
- Contribute to strengthening the national economy by developing and expanding trade and export of the country.
- Support in achieving the goal of poverty alleviation through the development of rural economy by enhancing internal and external market for agro-based and other products.
- Launch programs by establishing coordination among different agencies for increasing the production of exportable products.
- Assist to diversify trade by identifying potential market for exportable products.
- Cooperate in opening institutions for export promotion and to diversify trade and extend support to such institutions.
- and many more