At the DOMOTEX flooring fair, the trade magazine Carpet! (SN-Verlag, Hamburg) rewarded five retailers who mastered this task brilliantly: in different ways, with some very different carpet ranges and in different retail types. Editor-in-chief Tim Steinert presented them with Carpet Stars for their exemplary performances.
This year's award winners are:
- Lila Valadan (Lila Valadan, Hamburg), in the category "Exemplary Customer Event": In her warehouse in Hamburg's Speicherstadt (a historical warehouse district), she presented her high-quality carpets in a very atmospheric way and thus conveyed the "fascination of carpets" to a wide audience.
- Reza Ahstari and Wendy Guns (Ashtari Carpets, Antwerpen), in the category "Exemplary Website": Their very attractive homepage is reminiscent of an interior decorating blog and awakens the viewer's curiosity about their exclusive carpet shop.
- Möbel Pfister, in the category "Exemplary Carpet Department". In its particularly successful and well thought-out carpet departments, the Swiss chain store focuses on high quality, professional sales advice and modern presentations.
- Roz Rustigian, in the category "Exemplary Rug Specialist Shop". In her shop Rustigian Rugs in the US state of Rhode Island, she sells high-quality new and antique carpets. Roz Rustigian impresses with her extensive knowledge, her openness to new developments and her social commitment.
- Edi Kistler, for his lifetime achievements. Kistler is not only a committed retailer; he also significantly helped to introduce nomadic carpets to Europe, where many people grew to love them for their distinct beauty.
From 2018 on, Carpet! magazine presents the Carpet Stars annually at DOMOTEX. With this award for exemplary commitment in the retail trade, the magazine also aims to motivate and inspire other retailers.